48 Water Street, Stratford, Ontario
Sept. 9, 1898 Inaugural meeting of the Stratford Lawn Bowling Club
using leased land on Albert St. just east of the Albert Street Inn
July 1899 New greens ready for use in the Albert Street location
Oct. 1901 SLBC purchased property on north side of Ontario St. (west
of 272 Ontario Street - site of present Drake Dental Clinic)
1915 Ontario Street site was sold to a local contractor who wished to
build three houses there.
1915 SLBC negotiated with Stratford Parks Board for the Lakeside Drive
property, site of present greens.
May 29, 1931 Official opening of additional greens with new lighting
system and SLBC being given space in the Casino for use as a clubhouse.
SLBC began in 1898 - 119 years ago.
SLBC has been playing on Lakeside Drive site probably for at least 100
years and possibly 101 years.
SLBC has had the use of the Clubhouse for 86 years.
Stratford Lawn Bowling Clubs Long History