
Stratford Lawn Bowling History
September 9th, 1898
Inaugural meeting of the Stratford Lawn Bowling Club using leased land on Albert Street, east of the Albert Street Inn.
July 1899
New greens ready for use at the Albert Street location.
October 1901
SLBC purchased property on north side of Ontario Street, west of 272 Ontario Street (site of present Drake Dental Clinic).
1915
Ontario Street site was sold to a local contractor who wished to build three houses there.
SLBC negotiated with Stratford Parks Board for the Lakeside Drive property.
This remained the home of SLBC for 104 years. until 2019 when the Festival Theatre took over the property to replace the Patterson Theatre.
May 29th, 1931
Official opening of the additional greens with a new lighting system.
SLBC was given space in the Casino for use as a clubhouse.
June 2019
SLBC was relocated to the Municipal Golf Course where we play today.